Vetti Writings

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Shame on me, Shane

Ricky: Hello, Shane. Its Ricky here.
Shane: Ricky(.)(!), which Ricky?
Ricky: Your ex-mate.
Shane: What? I don't hear you properly? You said check-mate?
Ricky: No.. No. Ex-Kangaroo mate. Captain, Cricket Au..... (disturbance)
Shane: Oh still!? Sorry I heard it Ex-Captain, Cricket Atrotia. Anyways it matters only for a short while. What's up?
Ricky: I need your help. Need you back as the front line leg spin bowler.
Shane: Oh, but.. I thought you would take Glen's help perhaps.
Ricky: Glen is now old, and has lost it.
Shane:
But it was the same thing you told me, about myself sometime back.
Ricky: That was then (like the Vadivel styled - 'adhu pona maasam')
Shane:
But I'm getting close to my 40.
Ricky:
So what? so does Matty. But I plan to have him for 5 more years.
Shane: I don't think I'm interested.
Ricky: No, No.. You should not say that. Its not anymore about you and me. Its the pride of our nation's Cricket at International level. Its Ashes next, and we can't afford to miss.
Shane: Hmm. But I'm out of touch.
Ricky: No way. I find you more tougher than me, more quicker than Brett and more fitter than Symo and more experienced than anybody else out there.
Shane: That means, I call all the shots? I rule the forest, and you just remain as a H(P)unter?
Ricky: Err.. Well.. But.. You are out of touch there.
Shane: Have you heard of IPL 20-20?
Ricky: That's not test cricket. 20-20 is brute force. No tactics. And it was played at India which does not count as a good place to win. Below Par.
Shane: That was one of your recent outing for a complete white-wash. Remember?
Ricky: Ok. Freea vudu.. But, the captain's seat is..
Shane: No problem Ricky. I have better personal work to do. Can we hang up?
Ricky: No wait. I can even promise you that. But what if, CA board or selectors have some problem?
Shane: I don't think they have any problem getting away with you !
Ricky: Oh, but Matty is a long time senior? We need to respect that.
Shane: So what, I was a senior when you were a captain. Did that bother you ever?
Ricky: Symo would be really angry.. You know about his temperament and all..
Shane: What role fisherman got to play here?
Ricky: Mike. Mr.Cricket. He has great standard. He long deserves something.
Shane: You should have thought about it lot before. Not now..
Ricky: But Clarkey is our promising hero. He is the future of CA. He is young and energetic.
Shane: Oh, that's something good that you have learnt to respect some youngsters now.
Ricky: Well, Shane. Lets make it for the spirit of it. You now stand a chance to become No.1 wicket taker in Tests yet again, good enough to surpass that wicked off-chucking eye popper from a Ravana territory.
Shane: Enough of these. I'm not one of those dumb media. I know you more than these words.
Ricky: Fine. What exactly is your ultimate demand for this game of cat and rat?
Shane: Your mount sized Ego!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home